My Actual Bamboo Canoe

My Actual Bamboo Canoe

My Actual Bamboo Canoe
This video is about My Bamboo Canoe Project. I Have wanted to build my own Boat for a long time now. I've been near or in the water all my life. I've pondered the possibility of an all lashed boat built using only bamboo, and cordage. I think by the end of this series, you […]

This video is about My Bamboo Canoe Project. I Have wanted to build my own Boat for a long time now. I've been near or in the water all my life. I've pondered the possibility of an all lashed boat built using only bamboo, and cordage. I think by the end of this series, you too will wonder why Gilligan could not use this same method to escape his island? O-yeah he had Ginger on the Island, why would any of them strive for a rescue!

Here is the link to part two

here is part three,

Comments

Tim O'Brien says:

I really like your bamboo canoe… I think the hardest part of the project was all the tying which could have been done with cable ties for a much faster job… The other problem was getting bamboo to fit together this could of been done with a hole saw on a drill…I think I would of added a keel after I put the bottom cloth… I like the bamboo floor with no bulkheads… I want to make 18′ sailing kayak used on the sea using your design with bamboo and cloth to have a light weight kayak I could paddle as well and steer with rudder … Maybe make a power fin sculling w/ foot pedal
Power Fin, easyest sculling system for your boat.

Day To Wake Up says:

what type of line

Philosophy of Survival says:

Tarred bank line, parachord 550, and artificial sinew

Hector Alers says:

I’m doing a similar project. What test weight on the line did you use? Thank you. You did an Amazing job!

John W says:

Is your brother good? He hasn’t answered my txts. Just making sure everything is OK.

Philosophy of Survival says:

I hope so man, he never answers his phone when I call either? Not sure what the scoop. Keep trying he may have lost his phone or something. I’m in Haiti and no one has Internet over there, so communication is a moe foe. Good luck you doin well? Are you on the book of face? Hit me up if so man later.

John W says:

I am on said bookface, he txtd me. He’s good. I’ll find you on deez book

Philosophy of Survival says:

Thanks

Jonathan Darling says:

Is that a Ka Bar Becker neck knife you have around your neck? I think it is. 😉 A friend gave me one as a birthday present and I have to say it’s my favorite.

Philosophy of Survival says:

Yes it is the EsKabar. Aka BK14 my edc

Michael Hendrick says:

When you were making your bevels, just like when we fabricate tubing or pipe it so easy to just use a cylinder pit the same dia as the peice being cut or the same dis that the piece is fitted to and using a drill. Might help speed up the fitting?

Philosophy of Survival says:

+Zack Man ok

george medina says:

Dude your awesome !! 🙂

Philosophy of Survival says:

Appreciate it !

Jonathan Lee says:

Hey did you guys want the new one plus 2 for only $350?? well use this link!!! https://oneplus.net/invites?kolid=FTSSBI

suttle86 says:

Man that thing is looking sweet!

Philosophy of Survival says:

Check out the next the videos. Thanks!

Philosophy of Survival says:

Sorry next Two videos. Links are in the description

Денис Наден says:

Интересное и оригинальное решение!

John Rogan says:

frame is way cool!

Philosophy of Survival says:

Thank you!

John Rogan says:

try some pontoons out of bamboo…u can add a deck and a hut too….read the book “Ra”…Thor Heyerdahl….he was convinced that Peru was settled by Pacific Islanders who sailed to South America in bamboo craft…he proved the theory by sailing in reverse from Peru….also made the raft the “Kon Tiki”…think you were the utuber who created rounded plant matter framing…

Philosophy of Survival says:

John Rogan not an Eagle Scout, but I did spend a few years in the merchant marines, and I did have my granddads old boys out manual. I loved that book.

John Rogan says:

nice

Philosophy of Survival says:

Thanks bud !

HELMUTH FLICKR says:

very good!!

Luca Marezza says:

VERY NICE PROJECT! ( SZSZSZSZS 🙂 )

bob Last says:

Why are you wearing a knife around your neck?

Don H says:

+bob Last it’s just for convenience; i know several electricians who do the same thing

GAME KIDS TOP says:

thanks share video, great

That Dude says:

Thank god every one I try to watch is freaking Swedish as soon as I heard your voice it was like music to my ears and your not using power tools your awesome

That Dude says:

Belt sander doesn’t count

joey bacon says:

oh man, i wanna make one. too bad got no tools

klaus appel says:

a true craftsman and an artisit

TheJimford says:

Fantastic! Square, bowline, figure 8… you had to have been an Eagle Scout…👍

Comments are disabled for this post.

3 Day 2 Person Hurricane Bug Out Survival Bag

3 Day 2 Person Hurricane Bug Out Survival Bag
Tactical 365 Stage 3 Bug Out Bag includes an upgraded heavy duty pack with everything to survive 6 days alone or 3 days of 2 people with no food, water, or electricity. Survival 2 – 3600 Kcal – Emergency food ration pack. (18 Bars 410 Kcal Each) 10 – Emergency Drinking Water 125ml sachet 8 […]

Building Bamboo Shelters

Building Bamboo Shelters
Bamboo Living Homes are ICC-ES certified and have sold over 150 such structures, which have been assembled all over the world. They also build custom designs and larger eco-villages and developments. Designed for use as temporary shelters in the aftermath … Building with Bamboo: 13 Super stainable Structures   Bamboo Architecture Bamboo Bamboo Architecture: In Competition […]
153

A Bushcraft Bamboo Tiny House

A Bushcraft Bamboo Tiny House
Sturdy and columnar, bamboos are great materials to build a survival shelter. If you have a sharp, reliable machete and a paracord grenade, you can make a fairly decent shelter from bamboos. Plus, you don’t need nails to join them together, which is quite convenient. In this post are a few tips on how to build […]

Make a Bamboo Knife Without Tools

Make a Bamboo Knife Without Tools
SnoMan answers viewer questions. The first bamboo knife video generated a huge amount of traffic last month, and a ton of questions. We answer the top 3 most common questions: 1. Who the **** is Elmer? 2. Why do you need a bamboo knife if you have a real knife? 3. How do you make […]

Build a Brick Rocket Stove

Build a Brick Rocket Stove
Hi guys, today we are going to look at the brick rocket stove this is a simple survival stove that is efficient with fuel and effective at cooking. The materials needed for this project include 19 red brick, two 1″ red brick a paving stone and a metal grate. We will need to cut one […]
117

Water Survival First

Water Survival First
You need water FIRST – Get one of these and check out our sister site: WATER AND SURVIVAL
206

Top 5 Survival Weapons

Top 5 Survival Weapons
Today we are going to take a look at the Top 5 Survival Weapons that you can use in any survival scenario. Let’s start with # 5: The Sling. The [popup_product]hunting sling[/popup_product] is an ancient weapon, which has historically been used for hunting game and in fighting. The sling is swung in an arc, and […]
126

5 Survival Gadgets You Should Have

5 Survival Gadgets You Should Have
5 survival gadgets to help you survive the next zombie apocalypse Home Gadgets: 5.[popup_product]Ms5[/popup_product]: 4.[popup_product]Msk 1[/popup_product]: 3.[popup_product]The Fire Biner[/popup_product]: 2.[popup_product]Pure 2 Go[/popup_product]: [Amazon affiliate link] 1.[popup_product]Klax[/popup_product]: [Amazon affiliate link]
167

APOCALYPSE Survival Kit

APOCALYPSE Survival Kit
  [popup_product]Lansky LTASK T.A.S.K.[/popup_product] Tactical Apocalypse Survival Kit
137

Apocalypse man.

Apocalypse man.
Rudy Reyes shows how to survive in a urban area. I hope you enjoy the show !
167

DIY Survival: Make a Bamboo Container

DIY Survival: Make a Bamboo Container
Cody demonstrates how to build containers out of bamboo – which grows in hollow segments. This will prove useful to transport and boil water in order to disinfect it.

Bamboo Survival Arrow

Bamboo Survival Arrow
How quickly to make arrows from bamboo.

Survival Shelters with Bamboo

Survival Shelters with Bamboo
Useful techniques for making shelters out of bamboo.
131

Bamboo Containers (Boiling/Cooking/Steaming)

Bamboo Containers (Boiling/Cooking/Steaming)
Using bamboo I show how to make vessels for cooking, boiling and steaming. Each vessel is used differently. A vessel for just carrying water and drinking is made as well.

72 Hour Emergency Survival Bugout Bag

72 Hour Emergency Survival Bugout Bag
This Survival Bag provides food, water and basic supplies for one person for 72 hours. The Basic Survival Bag includes: FOX Tactical Hydro Assault Pack (Black) with 2.5 liter hydration bladder. Food/Water: 2 2400 Calorie Food Bar Packets by SOS Food Lab-Made in USA/U.S. Coast Guard Approved. Each packet contains six (6) fortified bars (400 […]
137
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.